Sunday, August 24, 2014

Blog Post 1

I have only heard a few comments about this class. One was that it is a very time consuming class, and that it involved blogs a lot. Both of these comments are turning out to be true so far. I'm not sure if I really have any fears about this class. If I did have one it would probably be that I would not be able to keep up, or that when I do post on my blog I will forget apart of the instructions. There seems to be a lot of little
things that have to be included in each blog.

In my past experiences with computer classes, I was able to mostly
do what needed to be done in class. I have noticed that I am having to put a bit more effort into keeping up with this class. My other classes were typically pretty easy and involved the basic computer programs like word, excel, and PowerPoint. Another thing I have noticed that is a little different is that the other classes required a book and this one does not. Also, I have never created a blog before so that is another thing that is different with this class, but learning
something new is not always a bad thing.

One of the only things I think I'm going to have a problem with
with this class is that I am not very good at remembering to get online and do my homework. I have never been good at that, that's why I try to avoid classes that require online homework all together. But since I have to take this class to finish my degree plan, I will have to change that. The only way that I can think of changing this habit where I can pass this class, is being more effective with remembering and doing my work. Wither it means checking my email more, or making more time
to finish my assignments.

If I had a question, it would probably be about the pictures that need
to be on every post. I was reading the instructions and am not completely sure what I am suppose to do. So it would be a little helpful if we could explain
that in class a bit more.

Heather Trawick
Me and my sister Kylee
This is my inspiration for becoming a teacher. My little sister Kylee :)

2 comments:

  1. Dear Heather,

    I think everybody has heard about the pace of EDM 310. It is fast and I am still adjusting to it. I am also new at writing blogs.I do have trouble remembering to check the internet homework. A habit I had to make was checking my email frequently for homework. I read where you had a problem with that as well. Our generation uses social media in someway or another. I made the habit of when I check my facebook, or twitter in the morning to also check my homework. I think everyone checks their social media outlet at least once a day. The first time you log in to social media check your homework. What level do you want to teach at?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...but learning something new is not always a bad thing." Teachers depend on that being correct! Would you always include always in this sentence?

    "I was reading the instructions and am not completely sure what I am suppose to do. " supposed, not suppose When things are not clear, what should you do? Make a list of what you should do. Then do one or more of tham.

    Welcome to EDM310!

    ReplyDelete